In situ NMR/MRI setups
In situ... everything?!
NMR Service provides shielding equipment, cell attachments, and complete setups for solid-state in situ NMR and MRI investigations on energy storage materials, e.g. batteries, electrochemical cells, supercapacitors, etc. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in this equipment and/or if you would like to discuss alternative opportunities.
Plastic cell capsule
- Modular cylindrical plastic casing to assemble electrochemical cells
- Encapsulated to hold cell parts in place and produce pressure
- Suitable for solid-state in situ NMR probes by NMR Service
- Suitable for other static NMR and MRI/PFG probes
- Option: (dis)assembly tool
- Option: additional cell assembly material (e.g. current collectors)
- Option: longer version of PCC (both current collectors from top)
- Option: re-design to flow cell
Magnet shielding plate
- Setup to attach electrochemical cells inside the coil
- Multiple ways to connect to external potentiostat
- Non-magnetic cables coming from the top inside the magnet bore
- Highly shielded to prevent interferences of NMR and electrochemistry
Three-way in situ cell adapter
- Three-way adapter to attach electrochemical cells
- Clip, solder, or through-hole attachment
- Works best with the shielding plate/setup for in situ NMR/MRI
Further readings / applications
- L. E. Marbella and O. Pecher. Einblick in Echtzeit: Untersuchungen an Batteriematerialien. (English: Real-time Insight: Investigations on Battery Materials). Nachr. Chem. 2017, 65, 1213.
- O. Pecher et al. Materials’ Methods: NMR in Battery Research. Chem. Mater. 2017, 29, 213.